Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Two

Tom burst out of the bathroom with a strange look on his face. He had done something questionable in the bathroom. "Do not go in there" He said and made a hand gesture that suggested that he polluted the restroom quite badly. " Oh God, I thought you just went at my place"
"Yeah.. well.. I had a second bout."
"You've got some serious issues man"
"Yeah.. I've been told. Lets get a table, I'm starvin' '"
They walked into the main lobby and a young hostess seated them promptly.
" I'll bring you guys some Cokes, and menus." She said politely.
"Sure thing dollhouse " Tom said jovially. The hostess gave them a strange look and left.
Tom leaned in to Smith. " I'm going to find out what's back there today"
"Oh God.. you're still thinking about that? I forgot all about that... in fact.. I thought we weren't ever coming back to this dump."
"Yeah.. well.. we're back, and I'm gonna find out what's going on."
Tom had a stupid look of inspiration on his face.
"Well.. don't get any bright ideas just yet, I'm hungry. I'm going to enjoy my meal without getting kicked out."
"Hey.. relax.. I'm parched too."
The hostess returned with menus and Cokes. Smith took a sip of his coke and puckered his face. " The syrup must be out, that tastes awful"
"Are you sure it's not some alien conspiracy?"
"Hey, don't be a dick."
The two looked over the scarce menus and eventually ordered their meals.
"So what's your big plan today?" Smith mused.
"Oh nothing.. just going to enjoy my meal"
The waitress rounded the corner with the two meals. On one plate rested a stale looking turkey club sandwich, on the other sat a delicious looking slab of prime rib.
The waitress set the prime rib in front of Tom.
"Compliments of the chef" She said with a deep smile. She then vanished back into the kitchen.

Tom immediately grabbed his fork and knife and prepared to rip into the steak.
"Are you serious? You don't find that at all strange?" Smith asked.
"Huh, It's a delicious looking steak, of course I'm going to eat it."
"Well.. Whatever, I just thought you would be more cautious since your last encounter with the inner workings of this place."
Tom cut off a large chunk of the medium rare meat and put it in his mouth and began to chew it vigorously.The blood was dripping from his mouth.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment