Saturday, June 20, 2009

Globes

What beautiful eyes you have.
Yes you.
You slender metal beast.
You are the God of the city.
I see you looking at me.
With your brilliant green eyes.
G
O
You tell me in code.
I can't go now.
I'd rather sit and stare.

Loud noises and angry energy attack me.
But I am transfixed.
What's that?
Oh.. you're so clever
you changed for me.
YE
LL
OW
But only for a second.
a moment.
gone.

Ah, finally
You're blushing.
S
T
O
P
I am.
I am here for you.
What do you wish me to do, wise one?
You have my complete attention.
You have yet to blink once.
I'm impressed.
I hope I don't anger you.
Have I ?
G
R
EEN
More confusion.
Do you not adore me?
Was it the way I looked at you?
I hope to make amends
but
what's that in the distance?
Another pair of eyes.
These don't seem so kind.
Racing toward me,
with sparkling colors.
"GET OUT OF THE CAR"
"PUT YOUR HANDS UP"

Why did you trick me
I thought you were trying to tell me something
but now
it's time to go away
to the steel jungle
for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment